I’ve written NEWS for radio (WIUX) and newspaper (Indiana Daily Student) and LIFESTYLE pieces for blog (the Tab) and magazine (Inside Magazine). Until May 2019, I ran the blog and social media for the Glenn A. Black Laboratory of Archaeology in Bloomington, IN. I’ve also dipped my toe into graphic design and editing video and audio.
Now, I’m working with Democracy Films on a documentary about the overlooked history of the American Midwest.
Best Of — NONFICTION
- “Uncertainty, Rising” (article) (podcast) — WIUX News, Feb. 2017–Apr. 2018
- “A Trip to Angel Mounds” — The Dirt (blog), Glenn Black Lab, Sep. 2016–May 2019
- “Resizing Beauty Standards” — Inside Magazine, Jan.–Mar. 2016
- “IU Obscure: Paper Conservation in Bloomington” — The Tab IU, Aug.–Dec. 2015
- “Paleontology collection reopens” — Indiana Daily Student, Feb.–Mar. 2016
best of — fiction/poetry
- “E. Vess, Correspondent” — Archive of Our Own, April 2020
- “The Fisherman’s Centennial” — Ryder Magazine, July 2016
- “Touch the Stars” — May 2020
- “A Kid, Aged 20-Something” — June 2020
Double major in history and journalism from Indiana University (Go Hoosiers). Minors in marketing and Spanish. I’m a native of southern Indiana, so I can be relied upon to occasionally spout Midwest-centric wisdom.
Conversational fluency in Spanish, basic knowledge of ASL. Fan of twentieth-century literature. And nineteenth-century literature. Literature in general. Interested in photography. Near-encyclopedic knowledge of random ‘Star Trek’ facts.